1. Point YoWindow-widget to the URL of yowindow.xml
- Open YoWindow weather widget HTML for editing.
- Find <param name="flashvars" ...> line.
- Add current_weather_url variable to flashvars with the value of your YoWindow XML file URL. Example: current_weather_url=http://mysite.com/yowindow.xml
2. Put a special crossdomain.xml file in your server ROOT directory.
crossdomain.xml is used on the web to allow outside web-servers to connect to your server.
You need to open an access to our yowindow.com web-server, to let the YoWindow widget load PWS data from your server.
WARNING: YoWindow will NOT be able to access YoWindow XML file or PHP script if crossdomain.xml is missing or wrong.
This is the most simple crossdomain.xml file required to open an access for yowindow.com.
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<allow-access-from domain="*" secure="true"/>
To download this file you have to click with right mouse button on the following link and choose "Save Target As".
Only this way, otherwise you may occasionally save the file in a wrong format.
YoWindow weather widget is a Flash application.
For security reasons Flash can download data from another server only if the server has a special crossdomain.xml file placed in the root directory.
You may read this Adobe article on the subject if you want to know the technical details.
Put crossdomain.xml in the root directory on your server.
ROOT directory ONLY, NOT any other one.
For example, http://microsoft.com/crossdomain.xml
3. Have fun!
I have highlighted the changes in blue.
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/>
<param name="wmode" value="opaque"/>
<param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF"/>
<param name="flashvars" value=