Forecast is wrong

Personnal Weather Station (PWS) support
jmar

Forecast is wrong

Post by jmar »

Hello,

The yr.no forecast for Halifax, Canada for tomorrow, Mar 1 and Tues. Mar 2 is rain, lots of rain. This also agrees with Environment Canada. But the yowindow widget shows snow ! ?

The location id is 6324729.

Also, my snow on ground in Weather Display and in the clientraw and yowindow.xml shows 0. But the picture in yowindow widget show snow on the ground. Is this correct?

Thank you for any help.
par
Name: Pasha

Re: Forecast is wrong

Post by par »

The winter season is selected because of the season map for Halifax.
04.05:naked/05.01:spring/06.01:summer/10.06:autumn/10.25:naked/12.18:winter
The winter landscape will be displayed until 5th of April.
Do you agree with this season-map?
If not, please correct it and let me know, I will update YoWindow data-base.

PWS snow-level overrides the season-map, but only for the current weather.
PWS weather data does not impact forecast display.

When it rains it does not mean that there is no snow on the ground.
So when we have rain from the sky it is still possible to have the snow on the ground.
This is just like the weather was in my city - Saint-Petersburg - yesterday.
jmar wrote:Hello,

The yr.no forecast for Halifax, Canada for tomorrow, Mar 1 and Tues. Mar 2 is rain, lots of rain. This also agrees with Environment Canada. But the yowindow widget shows snow ! ?

The location id is 6324729.

Also, my snow on ground in Weather Display and in the clientraw and yowindow.xml shows 0. But the picture in yowindow widget show snow on the ground. Is this correct?

Thank you for any help.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
jmar

Post by jmar »

Thank you for this reply. Now I understand the way the landscape picture is shown. This would be accurate for the majority of places here... but in Halifax (, a coastal city, naked should be one month earlier 3.01 and spring should be 3.21, summer 6.21, fall, 9.21 , winter 12.21

My PWS snow level is at 0 but I am not seeing the naked landscape
Today it is raining with no snow on the ground but the landscape shows snow. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Here is a link to my test page http://www.hrmweather.com/data/yowindowTEST.php

Here in Halifax as well as many places on the east coast of Canada and US, we have a maritime climate that we will see a lot of snow in the winter, but it can quickly disappear, leaving the naked landscape about 50% of the time. Would it be possible to tie the naked scene to the snow level for everything except when the forecast calls for snow?

Also why is the rain forecast for tomorrow showing snow falling in YoWindow?

Many thanks for this beautiful product, and any assistance is appreciated.
Jim
par

Post by par »

Your PHP script is not working propertly.
It is interpreted as a text file.
Look at the output:
http://hrmweather.com/data/yowindow-xml.php

Probably you need to install PHP support on your server.

So YoWindow does not receive your PWS weather data.
This is the simple way to check if the data are received from PWS.
he temperature value is displayed in blue when it's received from PWS.

I will update the season map for Halifax shortly.
jmar wrote: Here in Halifax as well as many places on the east coast of Canada and US, we have a maritime climate that we will see a lot of snow in the winter, but it can quickly disappear, leaving the naked landscape about 50% of the time. Would it be possible to tie the naked scene to the snow level for everything except when the forecast calls for snow?
There is no information about snow-level in the forecast, unfortunately.

jmar wrote: Also why is the rain forecast for tomorrow showing snow falling in YoWindow?
Are you sure?
I have not seen such a case.
I just have looked at Halifax forecast and have not found any rain in the tomorrow forecast.

Image Image Image
jmar

Post by jmar »

Thank you for that! There was a php error in the script I copied to my server. Fixed and now the naked landscape is showing for current wether.

Re: snow in forecast for tomorrow. Mine is still showing snow. Maybe my location is wrong? I am using 6324729 and in yr.no forecast shows rain but on my yowindow is snow. hmmm, when I click on Tuesday it shows snow even though yr.no shows rain in the forecast.

EDIT: my apologies. The yr.no forecast has just changed and now is saying no precip for tomorrow. But in my youwindow is still showing snow for tomorrow. (Tues, Mar 2)
http://www.hrmweather.com/data/yowindowTEST.php
par

Post by par »

Sorry, I loose track of the events.
Do you still have this problem?

Image Image Image