Dual Monitors, YoWindow & DisplayFusion Pro :(

Have you found an error? Report here!
Frogger

Dual Monitors, YoWindow & DisplayFusion Pro :(

Post by Frogger »

I have a dual monitor set-up and I use DisplayFusion Pro to manage it.

However, if I set up YoWindow as a screensaver on my main display, it displays as a tiny box in the upper left-hand corner of the screen - but not only that problem, it displays on both monitors, even though it's only supposed to be on one!

I have contacted the DisplayFusion author, who looked into it, and he states that it's because YoWindow doesn't follow the Microsoft conventions for screensavers and that the fault lies with YoWindow :(

Any idea how I can solve this problem?

Thanks!
par
Name: Pasha

Re: Dual Monitors, YoWindow & DisplayFusion Pro :(

Post by par »

Hey, Frogger!
Frogger wrote:it displays as a tiny box in the upper left-hand corner of the screen
Can you send us a screenshot?

We have changed the screensaver implementation recently, I think it was a month ago.
Originally we have had a non-standart screensaver implementation.
As far as I understand now it confirms to Microsoft guidelines.
Are you running the latest build of YoWindow? (the build number is displayed in main-menu/Help/About)
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Frogger

Post by Frogger »

par wrote:Hey, Frogger!
Frogger wrote:it displays as a tiny box in the upper left-hand corner of the screen
Can you send us a screenshot?

We have changed the screensaver implementation recently, I think it was a month ago.
Originally we have had a non-standart screensaver implementation.
As far as I understand now it confirms to Microsoft guidelines.
Are you running the latest build of YoWindow? (the build number is displayed in main-menu/Help/About)
Hi Par,

Thanks for the reply. Here's a screenshot of my main monitor running YoWindow under DisplayFusion:

And here's YoWindow running at the same time as the 'bubbles' screensaver on my second monitor - YoWindow's not supposed to be running on that!

I'm running YoWindow 2.0 Build 356 Unlimited.

Thanks for your help.
par

Post by par »

Wow!
That looks crazy :)
This is YoWindow screensaver preview image.
I have no idea what is it doing there.

I have added this task to the task list.
And I will try to find the source of problem within a week.

Image Image Image
par

Post by par »

Dear Frogger,
I have installed DisplayFusion, but my version is free, not Pro like yours.
I have plugged the second monitor to my notebook and have run YoWindow screensaver.

Sorry to tell you, but it is running fine on primary monitor (Notebook).

So I cannot repeat the problem.

How did you manage to run 2 different screensavers on 2 monitors at the same time?

Image Image Image
Frogger

Post by Frogger »

par wrote:Dear Frogger,
I have installed DisplayFusion, but my version is free, not Pro like yours.
I have plugged the second monitor to my notebook and have run YoWindow screensaver.

Sorry to tell you, but it is running fine on primary monitor (Notebook).

So I cannot repeat the problem.

How did you manage to run 2 different screensavers on 2 monitors at the same time?
Hi Par,

DisplayFusion allows you to show a different screensaver on each monitor.

If you use "Allow DisplayFusion to manage the Screen Saver" in the DisplayFusion screen saver settings, and select YoWindow as screensaver on monitor 1 and another screensaver on monitor 2, does it still work for you?

Thanks for looking in to this.

Regards,

Steve
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Steve,

I tried it out in the same way as Pasvel did it .. no problems! ... same result!
On the other hand: What do you think how many users working with dual monitoring? How many of this users find it so important to have exactly the application you like ??? One of a million ...
Is it really so important for you to make people busy for a "problem" which is one-of-a-kind? :cry:

Sorry, but this is my mind to your "problem".
Werner
Frogger

Post by Frogger »

Mallorca wrote:Hi Steve,

I tried it out in the same way as Pasvel did it .. no problems! ... same result!
On the other hand: What do you think how many users working with dual monitoring? How many of this users find it so important to have exactly the application you like ??? One of a million ...
Is it really so important for you to make people busy for a "problem" which is one-of-a-kind? :cry:

Sorry, but this is my mind to your "problem".
Werner
Did you try it out the way I described using DisplayFusion to control the screensavers and not Windows 7?

It's doing this again after a clean install of Windows 7 too. And I don't really know or care how many other users have this problem with YoWindow, dual monitors & DisplayFusion - I have it and it bothers me.

Par asks for people to report bugs and that's what I'm doing.

I'm sorry if this may take time away from something you'd rather have Par work on instead, but I'm sorry, that's your "problem". :roll:
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hello Steve (I take myself the time to address you with name. I find it more polite!)

Naturally everyone can say his opinion here in the forum. In addition, my task as moderator is to provide for a balance.

Your contribution to publish in topic „bugs “, I find already not correct. You subordinate with the fact immediately that your problem is an error in Yowindow. The correct topic would have been „questions “.

If you would take part actively in the forum, you would have noticed that Pavel is completely overloaded as „one man show “. He is however so helpful that he also tries to solve such personal problems.
Unfortunately then the time is missing to him to worry about things which concern the majority of the members here in the forum. And in particular around his core business Yowindow!

I took myself the time and install DisplayFusion Pro as Trial version (version 3.1.10). My operating system is Windows 7 (64 bit). I use an 24“ Acer as main screen and attached a second 24“. The result: on both monitors 2 different screensavers where indicated without problems!

Now my question to you: why you are so sure, that this „bug“ should to lie with Yowindow?

We are not able to solve here each possible attitude error, which may be on the own system.

Yours sincerely
Werner

P.S.: It is not necessarily and also no friendly kind, to „argument“ with underlined and bold words to underline. That offends against each kind of the netiquiette in all forums in the internet!
Frogger

Post by Frogger »

Dear Mallorca,

Firstly, I didn't address you because I didn't realise that Mallorca was your name.

Secondly, I placed this in the "Bugs" section and asked for advice because I was informed that the problem lay with YoWindow. I also read this forum every day and have done quite a bit to promote YoWindow in the UK.

And no, I'm not sure that the problem lies with YoWindow - that's why I posted here and asked for help solving this problem.

You say that you've tried DisplayFusion and YoWindow without problems. Did you ensure that DisplayFusion was managing the screensavers, like this?

Lastly, I've never had a problem with Par, he's a nice polite person. But I find your attitude offensive.

Regards,

Steve