commandline-params and ideas for further graphics

Have an idea?
beorn

commandline-params and ideas for further graphics

Post by beorn »

Hi Folks,

I'm using YoWindow on my 2-Monitor-Desk and scheduled it to start and show on the 2nd screen every hour, for 10minutes.
here are some wishes and ideas:

Functions:
- the yowindow turns grey when loosing focus: could you make an option to disable this feature?
- my yowindow starts every hour and shall open on the second monitor. is it hard to implement some command-line parameters which open the window with some presets (position, fullscreen or make the app auto-close after 5min)?

Graphic Features:
just to say a word: i like the yowindow very much, it's already pretty good. the following points suppose to be a kind of inspiration (but only if you need any!). I don't request any radar-feature ;-)
- here in germany people use to make big fires on easter ("Osterfeuer") and on the shortest night/day of the year (Sonnenwendfeuer). Maybe such a fireplace will integrate well in yowindow on these days too.
- what about a bright star at the horizon on christmastime (december)?
- the birds are pretty cool already, what about birds in V-formation flying into the south in autumn?
- what about a Santa with sleigh flying over the hut on 24th of december?
- in the night you could show not just a shooting star from time-to-time but the meteor-showers (corresponding to their date) like the Leonides, Perseides, etc. The information about it could be stated in the inspector-section like "Tonights-Event: Leonides (15meteors/hour)"
- bat's flying in the dark
- in clear-summer-evenings there are often balloons traveling through the sky across the country.
Mahav

Re: commandline-params and ideas for further graphics

Post by Mahav »

in germany people use to make big fires on easter
Impressing! We do the same in Halloween (40 days b4 Easter) in Ioannina. Big fires (Tzamales) in every neighborhood, with dancing, eating an drinking around them...
dc1jr

Post by dc1jr »

hi beorn,

your ideas for some new graphic features sound very well. I like it. :D

I am missing the balloon and the meteor showers too.

Good ideas .....

regards

Uli
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Dear Beorn, very warm welcome to the forum!

I have to admit I just don't have time to help you right now.
Hopefully in the next year we will be able to fulfill most requests on the forum.
I have added your requests to our list.
Please wait for us.
By the way, YoWindow does remember its size and position if you exit it normally via main-menu/Program/Exit

You have given us several new ideas!
We did not think about:
-big fire
-bats
-bright star on Christmas

To be honest we already have had the other ideas on our list.

Thank you :)

I really surprised by the way you are running YoWindow.
Porbably we have to pay more attention to the second monitor support.
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image