Shooting stars

Any questions? Any answers?
Pamela Smith

Shooting stars

Post by Pamela Smith »

In the latest version of YW (Dec 7) the night sky appears to have more shooting stars than usual.
Is this a setting that can be adjusted manually?
They were just right in the Dec 4 release.
I'm looking forward to the Christmas surprises and don't want to miss anything!

Love and hugs

Pamela
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Re: Shooting stars

Post by Mallorca »

Hi Pamela,

you posted the same here http://yowindow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2286 and got an answer from Reinhart. Where is your problem?
Perhaps you can find an answer to your question here ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_meteor_showers

Werner
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

There definetly must be something wrong.
Pamela, please let me know what is the interval between star shoots in average?
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Pamela Smith

Approach to YW problem over past few days:

Post by Pamela Smith »

• Feel bitter, uninstall YW completely, clean registry, clean cache and POUT for days.

Calm down, read nice reply by Par and his request for data.

Feel guilty/foolish, download and reinstall latest version of YW and get ready to count shooting stars per every ten seconds.

YW behaves perfectly.

Conclusion; "problems" with YW are more likely to be my laptop simply needing a good clean first.

*feeling very silly* :roll:
(while laptop was 'dirty', incidence of shooting stars was one-two every 3 seconds)
msirianno
Name: Mike

Post by msirianno »

I've never seen shooting stars, but I *do* like seeing passenger jet airplanes flying by... even at night!!
Mike.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Pamela, you are awsome ;)
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Frogger

Post by Frogger »

Mallorca wrote:Hi Pamela,

you posted the same here http://yowindow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2286 and got an answer from Reinhart. Where is your problem?
Yes, she posted it there but received an off-hand response from a moderator basically saying that she had posted in the wrong forum - maybe that's why she asked here?

I'm sorry, but I have to say that I find some of the moderators here very rude and unhelpful - never Par, he's great. I'm sure that it's very off-putting to new people :(
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Frogger wrote:
Mallorca wrote:Hi Pamela,

Yes, she posted it there but received an off-had response from a moderator basically saying that she had posted in the wrong forum - maybe that's why she asked here?

I'm sorry, but I have to say that I find some of the moderators here very rude and unhelpful - never Par, he's great. I'm sure that it's very off-putting to new people :(
My answer was this: http://yowindow.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 2286#p7766
It is my and the other moderators job (beside other things) to take care that postings are posted in the right forum and to take care that there are no double-postings.

If you say some moderators are very rude and unhelpful, i definitely request that you to tell us which moderators you mean and when and in which posts those moderators were rude and unhelpful.

You should be able to prove your accusations.

If you are not able to do that, i demand an excuse.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«
FvE
Name: Fred

Post by FvE »

Frogger wrote:I'm sorry, but I have to say that I find some of the moderators here very rude and unhelpful - never Par, he's great. I'm sure that it's very off-putting to new people :(
Hi Frogger,

Maybe you're right, maybe you aren't.
I would like to emphasize that English isn't always our native language and can therefor easily be misunderstood.
I can assure you that for the most of us, especially the moderators, we're out there to help you.
If we don't succeed in that right away, it could be that either we don't understand eachother right (or right away), ie the one asking isn't clear enough, or the one answering doesn't fully understand what's being asked.
If that's what appears to be the fact, we would welcome someone like you - from England - to clear up things for us!

So instead of blaming eachother, let's just try to understand and be as clear as we can.

To give you an impression:
I could consider you as being less kind, since you don't seem to want to give us your name.
I can only address you as frogger.
For me personally that's not as friendly as I would like it to be.
That doesn't make me angry to you though!
Maybe it's just the way you like it, or maybe you've simply not given it any thought. Maybe something else, it's alright.

It could just be a different way of looking at things, right?

Thanks for your understanding,
Fred
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

Post by Mallorca »

Hi friends,
I fully agree with Reinhart!

Since July 2010 I’m now a member of this forum and get more and more the opinion that the „sound“ is going in the wrong direction.
Reasons:

• Some people have obviously the opinion that this forum ist the commercial helpdesk of Yowindow and the moderators are the hotline.
• Some people have a bad nursery (no name, no please, no thank you)
• Some people are too lazy to use the search funktion or other helpfull possibilities like Google or Wikipedia before they post.
• Some people posts questions in a shallow manner without any details.
• Some people don’t answer when we asking for more details.
• Some people post in the wrong forum or make double postings.
• We have a lot of examples of this points, but show me one example were moderators are „rude, unpolite or unhelpfull“!
• In contrary some people show a absolutely antisocial behaviour.

So I thank Reinhart for his clear words!
Werner