Just a Beautiful Memory of Warmer Days!!

Download and Share your Landscapes here
countryroads
Name: Marty

Just a Beautiful Memory of Warmer Days!!

Post by countryroads »

Photo license: Marty
Sky removed by: Marty

I give permission to include this landscape inside YoWindow: YES
Attachments
End Of Leaves.JPG
End Of Leaves.JPG (224.79 KiB) Viewed 8531 times
End Of Leaves Sunset.JPG
End Of Leaves Sunset.JPG (114.01 KiB) Viewed 8531 times
End Of Leaves.zip
(5.86 MiB) Downloaded 1503 times
dc1jr

Re: Just a Beautiful Memory of Warmer Days!!

Post by dc1jr »

good morning Marty,

great pictures. These are the scenes I have in mind, when I think of the summer ..... :)

But it is winter and the sky is almost dark grey and it is raining ..... and the cloud hight is below 20 m above gound. :(

Let's enjoy YoWi and have a nice day

Uli
countryroads
Name: Marty

Post by countryroads »

Hi Uli,

I hope you have had a good day. :)

I was working on cutting out the sky on this landscape most of the Autumn and then the SNOW started before I could publish it. :cry:

We had a warm thaw the week of December 31st. In fact on December 31st, I had a nice bicycle ride (the only one that I have had for 7 weeks). The SNOW came back and yesterday, I spent most of the afternoon shoveling out the backyard so that Rascal could walk in his yard. :(

After finishing shoveling, I started thinking of warmer days and published the memories that I had been working on. :)

Are you still having flood connditions?

Marty
dc1jr

Post by dc1jr »

Hi Marty,

I am doing fine, thank you.

Yes we are having flood conditions at Rhein and his inflows. Only the Mosel has decreasing water level.
During the next 48 hours it is possible that several places will be flooded.
Even Frankfurt / Main is in high danger for the old part of the city.
in-der-frankfurter-innenstadt-ist-der-main-ueber-die-ufer-getreten-foto-dapd-.jpg
in-der-frankfurter-innenstadt-ist-der-main-ueber-die-ufer-getreten-foto-dapd-.jpg (20.99 KiB) Viewed 8272 times

The following picture is from today at Koblenz at Deutsches Eck:
deutsches-eck.jpg
deutsches-eck.jpg (44.6 KiB) Viewed 8272 times
Unfortunately there had been an accident on the Rhine yesterday morning at St. Goarshausen. A tanker is sank near the Loreley rock, which is a very narrow and dangerous part of the river. The tanker is sank and lies on port side. The whole traffic is closed on the Rhine. The ship is loaded with 2.400 tons of sulfuric acid.

2 crew member have been saved - 2 are still missing. The chances for them are very low, because of the cold water (4,1 Celsius) and the heavy flow.

the attached picture is out of the net:
schiffsunglueck-ein-tankschiff-mit-2400-tonnen-schwefelsaeure-an-bord-ist-im-rhein-gekentert-foto-dpa-.jpg
schiffsunglueck-ein-tankschiff-mit-2400-tonnen-schwefelsaeure-an-bord-ist-im-rhein-gekentert-foto-dpa-.jpg (19.95 KiB) Viewed 8272 times
Here on the Hunsrueck we are far away from these floods, but the thaw in the last 10 days causes some rivulets to leave their beds.
The nature is soaked like a sponge, indeed.

I wish it would freeze again - and let's have snow again for my boys ..... and for me a clear sky. :)

Greetings to you and Rascal

Uli