20. serial skylines, Moskow, Russia

Download and Share your Landscapes here
Mallorca
Name: Werner Heidotting

20. serial skylines, Moskow, Russia

Post by Mallorca »

ikarus1969: deleted landscape-post on request of the picture-author -> see following post
annwyn

Re: 20. serial skylines, Moskow, Russia

Post by annwyn »

This photo has been taken off my blogsite and though it is complementary to see it used here, I have not authorised its use. Please could someone let me know why it has been used here without my consent and remove it.
I look forward to your response.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Ahh... :-(
I have missed the original picture.
Werner can you send me a link to the picture?
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
Mallorca

Post by Mallorca »

par wrote:Ahh... :-(
I have missed the original picture.
Werner can you send me a link to the picture?
Hi Pasha,
of course I can: http://thecoatespurr.com/
To make it easier to find .. it's about in the middle of the blog.
Please read my answer in the next reply. I also answer Annwyn Coates to her PM to me.
Werner
Mallorca

Post by Mallorca »

Dear Annwyn Coates,

as you can see, we respect your request to delete this landscape made from your pic.
Believe me all the people here in this forum creating landscapes for this wonderfull program working very carefull don't touching licences or private policies.
So I do! When I visit your blog of course I was looking to any information about a licence. I could find nothing!
In contrary you offer to share your blog in this way:
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (13.38 KiB) Viewed 12878 times
So in principal I'm wondering about your request ... but see above.

I posted this landscape not anonym .. there was the original author named and also the website I found the picture.
If you don't like that your blog -or parts of them- will be shared, so my serious suggestion is to place the information on your blog.

Kind regards
Werner

P.S.:If you like to change your mind and you think it is a good idea to support this programm please let me know.
par
Name: Pasha

Post by par »

Dear Annwyn, creating a good landscape for YoWindow takes time and patience.
Werner (Mallorca) has put his energy and time to share your wonderful picture with YoWindow users.
I wish you to change your mind, because it's such a pity to through away Werner's work :-(
Get YoWindow weather app for your phone or tablet.

Image Image Image
annwyn

Post by annwyn »

Dear Werner,

My blog site has not, in the past, had any copyrights or license attached to it because it has been an informal, personal blog talking about my experiences as an expat. I have in the past assumed, however, that basic blog etiquette (or even general etiquette) would prevail and people would contact me requesting whether they could use my blog content in consideration of the extensive time taken to write material, take and select photos for each posting. The ("Share this") that you refer to is a wordpress function; however, as you can see by the options presented these would all divert blog viewers back to the original website in question rather than taking content and publishing it as one's own.

Though you did credit the source back to my site; you listed yourself as the author of the photo in addition to offering to send it to various other readers on request suggesting ownership which is basic plagiarism, as the photo was not yours to publish. How does it become hard work to take someone else's personal photos and publish it on another site? Putting together the content for my blog site takes days of preparation, careful thought and consideration. Sadly, I will be putting up a copyright onto my blog site.

Sincerely,
Annwyn
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

annwyn wrote:How does it become hard work to take someone else's personal photos and publish it on another site? Putting together the content for my blog site takes days of preparation, careful thought and consideration.
just for explanation: if a picture is selected for YoWindow the user usually has to create a picture in "png"-format with the sky made transparent.

This masking out of the sky can be hard work, especially if there are trees (and other plants) in the pictures sky.
»Man is impressive. In a universe full of untold secrets he has invented boredom.«